Thursday, 23 August 2012

I'm Back

Hello blog followers.  I'm back although forgive me for not being quite the person physically and emotionally that I was when I last wrote to you all.  In saying that however, our life changes of late have given me and us as a family new and different ideas and experiences which is not a bad thing either.  It just gives me an opportunity to assess where things are now and where they might have been in hindsight.   A bit like alternate realities I suppose.  I decided to go back to where I last blogged and get a feel for the site again and to refresh my memory.  I discovered that I had unpublished blogs awaiting photos and still sitting in my draft list from when we left Mapleton. 
Well......what to do with them now as leaving Mapleton seems like a world ago to me and only because so much has happened since we left.  You are going to find the blog a bit helter skelter for a while and in no particular order.  There are many experiences that I want to relay to everyone but, in all honesty, I do not know where to start.  There are my fresh experiences here in Ingham and some fond and not so fond experiences we have had both before and after the accident.  As a result I will probably write about current affairs and events but intermingle the blog with past stuff too.  There will still be photos because even when I couldn't take any, other members of the family did so there is a comprehensive photographic record of our experiences.
I'm finding my best time to write is while Becca sleeps in the afternoon which is totally opposite to when I was writing in Mapleton.  Night time was my inspiration then but I'm finding nights at the moment exhausting.  Of course the location of our computer is in front of a second level window which overlooks all the activities of our street and some of the main street too.  Under normal circumstances that would spell disaster for the blog as I would never get anything written with all the action outside the window (yes even in Ingham) but never fear, my view may yet give me inspiration.  I remember trying to study for exams in my younger days at home in the front room of our house.  Distraction was my greatest enemy and I would read the same sentence over and over while watching the lady across the road watering her roses and trying to untangle the hose from around her feet.
At least I'm not writing on paper or the sheets would be all over the place due to the ceiling fans running at fast pace above my head.  Ok, so stay tuned as I will endeavour to keep you all up to date with the Arseoel Odyssey once again.

No comments:

Post a Comment