The spot next to ours was vacated last week. There was a covered van there since we arrived and the locals said that the owners only came every once in a while to use it. Then all of a sudden one day last week, the people turned up, camped in it for one night and then towed it away the next day. Since then, Erin, Becca and the cats have had a lovely run for ball kicking and lazing in the shade. Steve even did some motorbike repairs on the gravel patch.
Today, our new neighbours turned up. Steve made sure he parked the Nissan on our site last night so that there could be no arguments about boundary rites. I had taken the girls to the playground and returned about lunchtime to a flurry of activity. The caravan park owners had tried to ring me because the new neighbours didn't want to back the van with the Nissan where it was. Ok......so how far onto our spot were they planning to go seeing as Steve put the car well and truly on our site. Anyway, I realised that they had rung Steve's mobile and not mine and knew that when he found the missed calls there would be panic (hence the interruption at lunchtime - see some things don't change).
I made my way back to camp to find the people and their van in the most extraordinary position and nowhere near our site. I shifted the Nissan AGAIN so that it was very cosy with the caravan then stood back while they tried to back onto their site. It wasn't for nosy reasons that I watched, it was more to see if they might have needed some help. After several minutes, my truck driver instincts were getting twitchy because I could see how to help them but sometimes you have to gauge the people before you approach. Our neighbour two vans up was involved though and getting the ladies into all sorts of strife. I offered some alternate advice and to the driver's credit, she did a great job of backing the van under the circumstances. Eventually they were happy with the position of the van and were able to start unpacking. Now all of a sudden our spacious surrounds are a little bit more closed in but that's mainly because we got used to the space we had and it only took a week.
No comments:
Post a Comment