During mid afternoon, Steve came home with a torch cable tied to the front of the motorbike. He had headed off for a PT session in the dark that morning and his headlight blew half way down Mapleton hill. The headlight has been giving him problems for a number of days so he must have taken the torch as a precaution and lucky he did. Anyway he was going down to Nambour in the car to try and find a 'fix it' for the headlight and offered to take Becca with him . He jumped in the car with Becca to head down the hill when the horn started going off in the Nissan. He quicky pulled the fuse box apart but it wouldn't stop beeping. Eventually he cut the wire under the bonnet. All this commotion made me a bit late for picking Erin up so I was gonna shortcut it to save time. As I headed through the caravan park, Andrew the owner came rushing up and asked if I could help him. He said it would only a few moments and that he needed a prop. I agreed as I assumed he needed someone to hold open a door or something like that. We walked up to the office where I was confronted by a cameraman holding a tv camera and tripod and a presenter. My first words were "this wasn't the prop I was thinking of" to which they all laughed.
There is a tv show up here called Creek to Coast which showcases caravan parks in the Sunshine coast area and airs on digital 7TWO. It sounds a bit like Postcards in Adelaide. They were showcasing the Lilyponds Holiday Park and the avocado orchard here. There had already been a cooking segment with avocados down by the lilyponds and now they just wanted footage of residents taking avocados out of a basket at the front door of the office. Cue me with my mouldy sunhat walking up to the door, bending down, selecting some avocados from the basket and walking away past the camera. I had to do it twice for different camera angles after which they went down to the orchard to get some avocado picking footage with the owners.
Time, meanwhile, was ticking away for me to pick up Erin but Anna agreed to give me a lift up to the school when she went to pick up the boys. I held the fort at the office while they quickly went up to the orchard and then got a lift to school to pick up Erin. When Erin and I arrived home at the caravan park driveway, the cameraman was still taking footage but we were a bit late to be included. Oh well, my five seconds of fame will be like the blink of an eye. Look away and you'll miss it. All good fun though.
No comments:
Post a Comment