This is a little video of me taking off from Maroochydore airport, and flying up to an airstrip at Teewah, north of Noosa, where we did some circuits which basically practise everything we do when we fly a helicopter. Obviously, I am not yet as smooth as I should be, but after 13 or so hours, I have a long way to go. The bloke sitting on my left is there to keep us alive , in the advent I inevitably do something silly, he stops us hitting the ground like a dart.
Well, I've passed my first 2 subjects(navigation, and flight planning,performance and operations), which theoretically means I should be able to navigate from point A to point B without becoming temporarily unsure of my location, and, be able to load the helicopter so that (a) it gets off the ground, and(b), it doesn't fall over.
This last week has seen me do a little more flying(as seen above) and some voluntary work with the engineers(inc a bit of painting, paint stripping of parts, and some storeman work). The engineers have 4 Bell Jet Rangers in the workshop at present in different states of rebuild.
Next week, back to the books and another 2 subjects for a fortnight.
That's totally awesome!!
ReplyDelete